Gwent Wildlife Trust Grazing Questionnaire
The Gwent Wildlife Trust is investigating the need for a grazing project in the Trellech Plateau area of Monmouthshire. Your help in completing this questionnaire will enable us to decide if a grazing project would help address some of the issues involved with managing meadows.
Please Return Completed form to
Farm & Wildlife Development Officer
Gwent Wildlife Trust
Or by email to Tim Green .
1. How much land do you own/manage?
2. Does the land have any designation? (SSSI or wildlife site – what number is it) ___________________________________________________________
3. Is the land currently grazed? Yes/NO
4. If yes by what? ____________________________________________________
5. Is the land currently cut for hay/haylage? ____________________________________
6. Do you own your own livestock? YES/NO
7. If yes what type. ______________________________
8. What are the barriers to you owning your own livestock?
Lack of fencing YES/NO
Lack of Water Supply YES/NO
Lack of time YES/NO
Lack of experience with livestock YES/NO
9. If livestock were available, would you be willing for them to graze your land? YES/NO
10. What type of livestock would you want grazing your land?
11. Would you be willing to pay for someone to graze your land? YES/NO
12. Would you be willing to check on livestock 2 or 3 days a week when they were grazing on your land? YES/NO
13. Would you be willing to fence your land at your own expense so that it could be grazed?
14. Would you be willing to attend training courses? YES/NO
(For example livestock checking)
15. Are you planning to enter into the Glastir or Organic farming schemes? YES/NO
16. Do you have any other comments ? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your time.